Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Crisp, cool mountain air.

We're in Knoxville this week. I really miss living in Tennessee. There's something intoxicating about the mountain air. It just has it's own vibe. To wake up in summer and need a jacket is something I miss. 

When I think about it, the best years of my childhood were spent in Sewanee, Tennessee while my dad was attending seminary. Right when I was let out of school, my little buddies and I would spend hours and hours in the woods, doing the things that 10 year old boys do. We made forts, of course. I would be outside until it was dark and then I would watch Xena Warrior Princess. Yes I was a nerd then as well. A few weeks ago, I was talking to a friend about my memory and how horrible it is. I really don't remember much at all. I'll recall some random things, but my memory is never chronological or organized. However, my memories of Sewanee are different. It's like the one place in time where I can have orderly memories about the 2 1/2 years I lived there. Interesting. 

This week has been awesome. I've some amazing worship experiences. It's been those times when I completely forget that 300 people are there with me. It's been just me, my guitar, and the Lord. No hindrances and no distractions. Just raw and unadulterated worship of my Creator and my Lord. Amen!

Some coffee places of interest if you are ever traveling.
Hunstville, Alabama - Stearns Coffee
Knoxville, TN - Old City Java 
    Coffee and Chocolate


Peace!

No comments: