Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Music and Truth.




Please check out THIS video. Amazing. 


"Truth trancends tunes. Truth will outlast tunes."

"If the truth is not clear and not objectively presented, those tunes will seem more powerful than the truth."


Wow. 



As a musician its hard to understand that. Or apply it to be honest. I'm ashamed to admit that I sometimes get so wrapped up in the musicality of what I'm doing that it's hard to keep in focus why I'm on stage. I believe that's a life struggle of a Christian musician. This video convicted me of my thoughts. In the end, God isn't waiting around for me to worship Him. I don't make Him any better by worshiping, and its insanity to think that I do. 


I want to love Jesus exponentially more than I love music. 


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Stew,

You need to check out this link on New Attitude's site.

http://www.newattitude.org/dl_dialog.php?filename=media//Important_Values_for_Christian_Artists_5.08_.doc

You're on the right track, brother.

Bob