Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sushi and Coffee

So I haven't blogged in a while. I've come to terms with my own personality and I've learned to accept that blogging daily, weekly, or sometimes even monthly will be a hard pressed task. 

Nonetheless I am here. Which means something, somewhere. A whole lot has changed in my life since the past few blogs. There is no need to go into much detail, but I consider change to be a good thing. I anticipate it and rejoice in its arrival. Change demands persistence and perseverance which in turn leads to growth. When you begin to see the world around you changing, you rely on the things that can actually keep you grounded. For me, it's the Lord and the consistency and strength of his tender and stern voice from the Word. The Lord is the perfect Father. Sweet and sensitive, yet not afraid to be direct and poignant to the hearts of his followers. Both are necessary. Sometimes all I need is for God to say, "Hey, everything is alright. I've got this". And sometimes I need the sharpness of the double edged sword, piercing my heart and going to the core of my bones. 

I just ate lunch. At 2:52. I had some sushi from Publix and some coffee from Biggby. I enjoyed lunch. It tasted good. I know it's a weird combination, but its two of my most favorite things on earth so I figured it would be a good thing to mix the two. It was indeed a good idea. 

I could have a coffee shop. And enjoy it. I have a passion for good coffee. Some say that is my explanation for my addiction to caffeine. But I think passion is different from addiction. I don't just need my morning coffee, I love to experience the smell and taste of coffee every morning. That's my justification anyways. Or excuse. Take your pick. 

But I don't think I could operate a sushi restaurant. I wouldn't enjoy that. I have a bigger passion for coffee than I do for sushi. Don't get me wrong, I love sushi. It would probably be a big part in my "last meal" question that you ask when you are trying to get to know someone. Here is the difference, for those who care. I have a passion for everything about coffee, where it comes from, how it is brewed, how it is served, how hot the water is.. etc. Nerdy things. I enjoy the science of coffee. With sushi, I could care less. Make it taste good. I don't really care about where the fish comes from (part of me does, but mostly not), the art of making it, and what everything means etc. I appreciate those things, but I'm not passionate about them.

Pardon the above rant.  I was just thinking about how strange it may appear to drink coffee with sushi. 

Music I have been listening to:

Other Lives - Other Lives EP
John Mark McMillan - The Medicine
Kings of Leon - Only by the Night
Mute Math - Spotlight EP

1 comment:

Turbulent Indigo said...

I had some salmon rolls with a friend at a Thai place last night, they were pretty good. (because you asked, right?) :]

I'd be a regular at your coffee shop.
"Stew's place" maybe? haha

-Ethan