Tuesday, January 22, 2008

it should be a grand year.

I pretty much neglected to do any sort of "new year" blog mostly because it took me about a 2 weeks to remember I had a "blogging" site, and another 3 weeks to get around to writing some form of entry to display on your screen. Probably just my screen, but whatever.

After over a month's break, Soulstice is finally back on the road. It's nice to look at my calendar and to see that it is filled with doing the one thing that I can't live without. Being musically busy maintains my sanity in a lot of ways to be completely honest. If I wasn't able to express myself musically, I think I would be much like one of those rubber gloves that doctors wear. If you fill them with water, it turns into this big water-hand. But if you fill it enough, it will burst in a very dramatic fashion. I would pretty much explode without music, and I'm discovering that's why God gave me this calling. I need music, not as much as I need Jesus, but I need it. NC, FLA, Ohio, Louisiana, Mississippi, GA and TN should bring forth some excitement in the coming months. Bring it on I say.

My classes at Liberty are a little more intense than last semester. So that means most free time on the road will be spent with my nose inside of a book. Most of it is still interesting to me, so I'll manage. Most of it.

Random thought from the past month or so. I saw "I Am Legend" over the break. It was great, I thought. Some of the people I went with were bored to tears, but I really enjoyed it. If you haven't seen it, I recommend. There is this scene at the end that I thought about for about 3 days straight. Will Smith has just discovered the cure to the disease that has sickened all of mankind. All these sick people are trying to kill him and he is protected by this glass wall. As they are trying to kill him, he cries out to them saying: “I can help. I can fix this. Let me save you. I can save you; I can save everybody”. That led me to thoughts of Jesus. He looks down and sees this sickened human race. He watches his children in desperate need of a cure. Of a remedy. Yet he doesn't see us as the gross and disgusting sinful creatures that we are. He sees people who need to be loved and cared for and most of all redeemed. To think that Christ took on every single sin of the world is overwhelmingly astounding. Divine love is just so wide and deep, yet so attainable and felt. God is love and that has been shown to me in countless ways and its always encouraging to me that it won't ever fade or grow stale.



I also went skiing and almost killed someone. Yikes. Not my fault. People who fall need to get out of the way.


Music:
John Mayer
Andy Davis
Lenny Kravitz
Hillsong United
Sarah Bareilles

No comments: