Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Augusta. Good times.

I'm still in Augusta. We've got a day off. 

It's a good day. Got to sleep in, made some coffee in my french press (after lunch), ran some errands with the band, now I'm sitting in Metro Coffeehouse listening to Coldplay and drinking a lovely cappuccino. Life is good. I'm very easily pleased. 

New. Coldplay. Album. Changed my life. Every track has spoken to me. I've actually gotten closer to the Lord by listening. Beautiful music always leads me into a worshipful state. Enough said. Listen and enjoy. Cry, laugh, rejoice and repeat. 

I've been reading the Lord of the Rings books. I'm on book two. This is classic literature. It's amazing to me that Tolkien  created this entire world from nothing. It's one thing to write a story that's set in 18th century London or the French Revolution. He created a world in these books. And not just that, an entire culture was created along with language and customs. Amazing. What a literary genius! The movies are good, but the books open up a different world in my mind as I read them. Take the time to read them. 

1 comment:

Ann Claire Vaughn said...

Stew! I'm so glad we are e-friends! :) Thanks for reading my blog...you're an encouraging chap! I'm delighted to see you're using your own quill these days via stewplay. I'm sitting on a train between Edinburgh and Cambridge right now enjoying your entries. Two things--I'm going to go to itunes in a second to get the new Coldplay...thanks for mentioning it. Also...gotta love LOTR. I just went to the musical in London the other night and it was incredible! You asked about why I'm over here...taking church history classes through the Southern Seminary...moving up to Louisville in August to finish the 'nary. I hope you are doing well. I'm so glad to hear of your time spent with the Lord. He is our source. Read Isaiah 58. It made my day this morning. Cheers! :)