Saturday, April 12, 2008

So I drank to much coffee.

Oh coffee.

So I'm sitting in a hotel lobby in Portsmouth, Virginia. We just played a few shows up here in the state whose motto is affectionately "Virginia is for lovers". I'm a fan. One of the coolest things about this trip was getting to drive/ride beneath the river. Talk about cool. Innocently traveling through a tunnel all while millions of pounds of water are right above you. Now thats quite interesting.

But back to the story. Because of the fact that I am an online student at Liberty University means that my free time on the road is spent doing school work. Tonight I had a test. I've been studying throughout the week. Like I usually do, I overstudied and became over caffeinated. I sit here now with an A on a psychology test, but wide awake at 2:24 AM. I really love coffee. So this blog will probably be completely random. Hokay.

I got a macbook. I dig it. My technological life can be summed into two parts: pre-Apple and post. The latter being the superior. Everything just makes sense. Nothing against PC users at all, I'm just on the Apple side now.

Check this out. We played for a conference tonight. It was called Answers in Genesis. Absolutely amazing. If you've ever had doubts and a lack of understanding of creation, Adam and Eve, original sin, Noah's ark, etc., go to this website NOW and read the articles. It's perfectly fine to question and doubt things. I think we've spent enough time as Christians taking our faith by faith. It's imperative that we know why we believe what we believe and have facts, reason and logic to back up our belief. Granted, there is the Divine mysteriousness that we will never understand, but God doesn't call us to check our brains at the doors of his church. It's encouraging to learn that there has never been an archaeological discovery that has refuted or contradicted the Bible. The events of the Bible are surprisingly documented through the course of history. Check out the articles in response to many of the scientific publications in current periodicals. Very cool!

I've really had a great time touring in the past three months. I've learned a good deal about myself and my closest friends. Teamwork and communication are things you really have to work at. They are not easy, but they really make things run efficiently.



That picture is from Ohio I believe.



Because of my caffeination, it seems I am much more inclined to reveal the wilder side of my life. (a video shot in a church, pretty crazy eh?) The above video is completely ridiculous and most definitely embarrassing. It just shows my dance skills and their extreme limitations. I can shag and slow dance. Thats about it. After that, I like to express myself in what I call "liberating dance". You pretty much just do whatever you want and whatever happens is what you do. I'm probably insane and it's okay because Jesus loves me even if I can't dance.

Well I guess thats all.

Musical browsing of the evening:
The Beatles
Derek Webb
Emily Jane White
The Black Crowes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Stewart! You are amazing! I thought you were funny before, but now you are by far the most hilarious person I know!!! When I watched that little video clip I couldn't stop laughing!!!
ILY!!!
:)
Hope to see you soon!!!!
We miss you!

lejeune.sarah said...

Hey Stew!

This is your fan that drove to Memphis to help pack up lol...
I just wanted to let you know that I, too, also just got a Macbook and fell in love with it.... I will be on the mac side forever :)